Apr 8, 2010

Departure

I didn't want to go anywhere this winter, Maui was too good to leave. I didn't make any plans till the waves were gone.
Well, it started to get windy and I started to think about other places. Maui was still good but just as I started thinking about traveling. my friend Sophie and Didier mentioned about saiking trip in Marshalls.
I met the couple 2 years ago when I visited Marshalls for the first time and we had a great connection. we had so many mutural interest and it felt like I could talk forever with them about interesting places and adventures. they are a true adventurers and real tough oceanists.
They do charters of their 60ft yacht but their speciality is rough seas like Antarctica, Patagonia, Aleusian Islands and very remote places like Tuamotu, Kiribati, Ganbier, and many other I haven't even heard of!Marshall Islands were one of the most beautiful place I have been and I had a amazing time last time, great surf, good wind and noone around! It is a matter of time to be discovered by mass and will be like other places like Pompei. Indo, Mentawai.
In fact Indies Trader is there in the winter time, probably setting up some kind of surf vacation ( but they are very confidential about it because they realize they started something and created monster in Mentawai)
It is a great place but it is still3rd world and there are hardly any planes flying to outer islands so boat is the only way to explore all the remote spot.
I felt like this trip with Sophie and Didier is life time experience that if I miss this time, I may not be able to do it.

There were still pretty good surf and wind at home and I didn't have budget but I packed the luggage and used the mileage to purchase the ticket and jumped on a plane with Andrew who just came back from Jackson Hole couple days ago . Now he is off again.

We will see what this trip brings. I love this feeling of not knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment