Apr 21, 2010

KB for Girls Kiteboarding Clinic

Kristen Boese is one the the world top kiteboarder and world champion. We met in Turkey many years ago for travel stories . it was a super fun memorable trip and 4 of us in that trip, Marley, me , kristen and the photographer Ugo are still real close now.
Kristen e-mailed me while ago about this camp she was gonna have on Maui, it is a part of the KB for girls which she organize the camp all over the world for girls and they can sign up for free coaching and get together and have a great time.

She works so hard for it and I am very grateful of her dedication. So it was my honor to be part of it and help while she is doing the camp on Maui.(one of the camper and my friend Marie and I carrying demo kites to the beach)
I was just recovering from crazy flu that I had on the way back from MArshall, I thought this could be deadly , I lost 18 pounds in a week and I had never suffered as much as this flu before so I wasnt in shape for kiting but I got to be at the beach and make sure everyone is safe. and I did what I was good at, talking! I dont hang out at kite beach so much lately so I never knew that there were that many female kiteboarders on the island, it was such a great oppotunity for me to get to meet everyone. Everyone seemed super stoked on their progress and the fact that we got to kite together.
Thanks Kristen for having this event for all the Maui girls and the girls who were visiting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment