Nov 3, 2009

Back to Maui

Baja is good but I was checking the web forecast of Maui and it looked like it was going to be epic condition for over a week. that red fireball looking was a good indicator that maui will have some big NW swell in 5 days or so.
I was bummed that I would miss it but then , I realized that our camp neighbour Cliff is leaving and going up north in couple days.
All of a sudden it came to my mind that if I get a ride with him. I may be able to catch those good conditions on Maui.
I didn'T have much complains being in Baja but some special days on Maui is so special.
I started checking the tickets, etc and waited till the last minute and finallyb decided the night before the day Cliff was taking off that I will catch a ride with him.

So even though I was going to meet up with my good friend Kremer, and was looking forward to see all my friend who would be down south at The Wall, Conejo, and La Ventana, I had to give up seeing them this time and chose the big surf back home.

Well, after all I am so glad I did it, because the conditons on Maui turned out to be better than I expected and kept getting better and better for over 10 days!
This is when I feel lucky I live here, it is not always like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment