Nov 3, 2009

Epic condition!

It was already windy when we woke up and waves were up!
I was super excited and ready to go but Kevin said it may switch to Santa Ana wind so I waited for a while.
Santa Ana is the wind coming from the land and it is known to get super strong like 50 knots straight offshore. I would not want to be out in the ocean if that happens.
I waited for a while and try to cook up some clams I picked yesterday so I can get my mind off from the waves and think about something else.
Around 9 or 10 , first guys who went out was little Bendt, the waves were triple of his height and wind side off , he was using tiny sail. he caught the first wave which was one of the biggest wave of the day and stuck the huge aerial! the whole beach screamed and yelled and hooted at him! the waves looked like it was from Cabo Verde! it looked perfect!
Anyway, soon after he caught that wave, Kevin came out and I assume that is a good sign that I don't have t worry about Santa Ana so I started setting my gear.
By the time I went out the wind mellowed out a bit and I was a bit under on my 4m and waves came down as the tide changed as well but still it was super fun day !
I hope we have waves like today every day but then my body will be fallen apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment