Nov 26, 2009

Happy Thanks Giving Day indeed!

Waves came down quite a bit from yesterday but still closing out sets were coming at Hookipa and Lanes, there were lull in between and it was windy enough so I went out and found surprisingly good wind! it was a bit stormy because if onshore wind all day yesterday but towards the end it got cleaned and between big monster sets, I could find some waves that was fully makable and can go down the line and those small ones was still pretty big!
Hookipa wasn't working very good , I saw 2 windsurfers out for a short while but then they were gone . it would have been the great time to hit Hookipa all to yourself but there were reason good windsurfers were not out, I guess, waves were almost looking better at Lanes. and the channel had so much water moving and bouncy that it was scary to be around.
I was on 7m but fully powered and wishing someone would come out . By the time I came in after couple hours of riding, the guys came back from checking all the spot downthe coast( and not finding good conditions anywhere) so I told them it is very good here, They went out and had a blast!
After a big Thanks giving feast on the water, I had huge dinner prepared by the boys who live with me! they cooked the whole turley, made about 10 pounds of mashed potatoes etc. I ate till I literally dropped ! What a great Thanks Giving Day!

I shouldn't say this but I am almost ready for junk condition so I can rest... alomost!

No comments:

Post a Comment