Jul 12, 2009

Downwind Paddle again!

Tomorrow is the big padle race, this one is known for the funnest race in the world as far as paddle race goes. with Maui's strong tradewind pushing from behind, you get glides that you wouldn't experience anywhere else. it is like riding small waves on stop! and the guys on Maui are soo fast!

Anyways, I bumped into Michi on the water and he said there are already more signups than last year and usually people don't sign up till the day before so it will be a big race tomorrow and the wind is supposed to be as strong as today.My body is a little sore from yesterday. the very subtle excercise the trainer showed me yesterday at the gym ( I thought it was like grannie's excercise and couldn't see how that could help me build anything) is working, pretty cool.
So I went to the gym for a little bit to work on the same boring excercise before I went paddling.

Southside is completely flat so Kana called for downwinder. Tomo, Kana and I went out from Maliko and as we were paddling down motoko and Hide saw us and sailed close to us at Hookipa. palyed around like dolphins would do to boats. pretty cool.

It was good sideshore and strong wind and I am starting to feel stronger again. what a fun way to get excercise! I cannot imagine how I was dealing the flat summer without downwinder in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment