Jul 8, 2009

Tomo Murabayashi on Maui

After paddling yesterday, my back was not too sore and I felt like I can keep going.
I have been feeling weak and unhealthy for so long , it is such a great feeling to be Ok to play in the water again.

My friend Tomo Murabayashi( kiter/ standup paddler) from Japan arrived yesterday to participate in the paddle race which will be held this coming weekend. So we went out paddling together and had bast, he doesn't have a top of a line race board but he has been training hard and just won Japanese big standup event ( all 3 disciplines)
He was pretty fast ( way faster than me to say the least ) but we saw Dave Kalama and his friends going out from Maliko at the same time so I told him to watch Dave so he can learn some tips. But even though he started a lot later than us, before we even got to Hookipa , Dave passes us in a flash and we didn't even get to have time to watch him. Sooo fast! pretty amazing to watch ( for maybe 2 second and he became a tiny dot)

Anyways, Tomo will be in 12ft board division so I think he has more chance ( all the good serious racer guys are in unlimited or over 14 ft class) I hope he does well.
For me, I'd better not think about racing now and focus on healing. there is always another event. I am just happy to be able to paddle and get wet. That is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment