Jul 2, 2009

What a difference!

I started walking outside a little bit yesterday because one of Motoko's friend who happened to be a doctor told me I should be moving as much as I can, and even though I was trying to take as little drugs as possible, he told me to go for it and make the pain go away so I could move.
After reaggrevated my injury, I was so scared todo anything because I didn't want to keep reaggrevated again and couldn't stand taking so long to heal.

It still doesn't feel strong or well but I started moving and popping the drugs as the doctor told me.
one thing I notoiced is how I feel. I may feel a bit soreness on my back or some heaviness but so far it hasn't gave me any sharp pain or disk slipping feeling. and juts being outside and wallking a bit made me feel like I am worth something.
I must admit I don't take very well not being active or being injured, it makes me feel like such a loser. Laying in bed for 4 weeks was not good for my selfesteem.

Yesterday I tried to wear shoes and realized that I am not used to it and ended up getting blisters after just 10-20 minutes of walking. how could I get blisters from comfy soft sneakers, that's pretty bad but I have done it and I don't remember when is the last time I had anything on that had heals covered. ( I usually wear slippers or clogs) So much for trying to look official.

So today I wore Tevas and that seems to be Ok, but still I got a little more blisters. I have to admit that I never really walk much and maybe I should stat now to get my legs in shape to support my back.

Anyway, walking through the forest was great, it felt like my life is meaningful again.
And now I am motivated to explore other trails. There gotta be many great falls that I haven't seen .

No comments:

Post a Comment