Jul 8, 2009

Road to recovery

After trying out to go stand up paddling on the south side, I had heavy headache. I didn't know what it was from but that kept me from going out and do stuff, I was sooo sick of being weak and unhealthy but there was nothing I could do.

Keiko told me she has exactly the same headache on full moon . I do get affected by full moon a lot , not being able to sleep but I never thought that I would get headache . Strange enough the head ache is pretty much gone today. And I went out for downwinder paddle with Motoko.
I was a bit nervous because unlike standup paddling in the small surf on the southside, you are constantly paddling and it is a bit long , I wasn't sure if my back can handle it. Overall I had a great time just being out there with my best friend and I did figure out I can paddle if I don't paddle hard trying to catch the swell, when I try to paddle hard, than my back can feel it .
I wanted to do the race on 12th and was determined to train after Baja ( which was may so I was supposed to have whole month of June to train ) but I decided not to, if I go in the race, no matter what I would try to paddle hard and right now my body is not capable and my main focus should be healing and getting stronger so ... maybe next year.
At least I am out in the water a little bit. I am happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment