Jul 10, 2009

Maliko Bay to Kahukui Harbor

My back is getting better and my stoke gets higher every day!
Even though I am ot doing the paddle race this year, I went out with Tomo to check out the course today, it is about 10 Miles ) I think from the start to finish, but as long as it has trade wind push, it doesn't feel too long and the glide is super fun.

I had only done the whole leg once before long time ago when I could hardly paddle but I realized that it is good to do often because it helps to know which line to take . everyday the wind direction is a bit different, yesterday was offshore and hard to paddle in so we end up paddling a lot on right side, Today I took middle course and still wasn't outside enough so I ended up paddling left side the whole time towards the end, hugging the jetty just to clear it to get to the end. and then the past part , you have to paddle almost against the wnd and that is tough.

Tomo seemed pretty happy with how he did ( he said it took him an hour and 34 minutes , I guess it took meabout an hour and 40 something minutes)
I am just happy I made it without hurting any part of my body.

Tomo and Nagamatsu-kun( another pro windsurfer/paddler guy from Japan) went out one more time for short run in the rain.
They are shocked how high the levels are here but excited to learn s lot from it.

We had pot luck dinner at John and chihagi's . I have a hermit life when I am on Maui and never go out but it was great to see many friends and had great tasting dishes. John and chigahi both used to work at surfshops ( john still does at Hi-Tech) and always helping Japanese visitors Their Open-arms-hospitality is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment