Jul 10, 2009

The true meaning of Health

I had a fortunate opportunity to interview Dr. Poskowitz last Jan, it was one of the very inspiring interviews I've done. In his book "Surfing and Helth" he explains the true health. It is more than the mere absense of disease, it is sperior state of being, living vigor life with strong body and mind. He listed 5 things in order to pursuit the true health.

1 correct diet
2 sufficient excercise
3 proper rest
4 recreation
5 good attitude of mind

1 and 2 are easy to understand , 3 as well, but for me, I tend to ignore that and end up getting too tired and get hurt( in fact most of my sickness and injury came from not having proper rest )
4 is pretty interesting. Doc even explained that the word RECRETION means Re- Create so we have to have receation to refresh ourselves and become brand new again so we won't get worn out . I got it! That is why we feel so good after doing things we love . I have plenty of #4 in my life to be healthy.
5 is very important. many physical illness comes from mental problems , we all know that. But it is hard to have a right attitue 247. But I guess if you have good diet, some excercise and rest and do things you love, that will keep you happy and content that your attitude of mind will be positive. and boy I know how well connnected the mind and body is , that is for sure. I was dealing with that all last 4 weeks!

when I think of these list and then look at Sumomo ( my best friend's 3 year old daughter ) she is a perfect example of true health. She is 1 eating well, 2 always moving , 3 take a good nap and good night sleep, then 4 do all kinds of fun stuff and 5 always happy and interested in everything and live in a moment 100% with no judgement, no hangups. That is why she is so beautiful and adorable! Having her aroound is a constant learning experience in a great fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment