Jun 23, 2009

Couple steps backwards


It's been more than 2 weeks since I tweaked my back and not being able to do much.
I was hoping I would be out and back in the water by now but no, I am still mostly laying around looking at ceiling.

first week was easy, even though pain was bad, I felt the progress of healing every day. now it goes back and force, one day, it is better, and some day, it's not.
This morning, I woke up to find my back with a lot more pain than last couple days.
It is so disappointing and hard to keep my spirit high.
I went to see acupuncture doctor and had cupping and needle and some incense burning. It seems that acupuncture is more popular here on Maui than Japan.
To me right now, it is like I would try anything.

I know this is some kind of lesson that I have to learn. and back of my mind, I probably know what it is, it is that I have to know my limit and gracefully accept it.
I tend to push it too hard to the point my body cannot take it any more. I need to know when to stop so I don't have to be forced to stop and start all over again after being stuck in bed for weeks, not worth it.

I pulled out the book I had translated last year [Surf Realization]
written by Gerry Lopez. Original book is published from Patagonia publishing and English Title is " Surf is where you find it"( that itself is a great teaching right there!)
I had read the book over and over when I was translating so I almost memorasing the story but still every time I opened the pages, it seems that his writing always gives me some insight, encouragement or teaching that I need at the time. it is very strange.
I know many christians say same things about bible but maybe ocean worshippers like us can use his book that way as well.

I thkink I am going to try my self healing method of Reiki this afternoon, see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment