Jun 7, 2009

In loving memory of Silke Gorldt

Don't know what happened but I am stuck in bed, not being able to move.
It could have been the yard work from yesterday that I put too much stress on my back. or maybe I hadn't done much yoga and my body got shocked from practice, or .....
Whatever it is, as I tried to stand up, I felt this blazing sharp pain through my spine and fell right there on the ground and couldn't move.
I was lying there for a while letting mosquites eating me alive for a long time, trying to e-mail some of my friends. It was painful even just to move a little.
Luckily, Keiko, my yoga teacher who lives close read my mail and rushed to rescue me. I crawled inch by inch to make it inside the house and then used all the strength to get myself on bed. keiko got me everything I needed , even his husband Skip came to help. There is nothing more than friends that make you feel better when you are in pain. it helps more than painkiller.
Thank you guys!

Today is 7th anniversary of Sike's passing. She was my best kiting friend back then , we practiced and pushed each other a lot, but most of all talked and laughed and tried not to take competition too seriously. She was an amazing jewel. shining star, only 25years old and rookie of the year the previous season.
It was the hardest death I had to deal with in my life so far and I made a promise that I will enjoy kiting for both of us from then on, so I have to appreciate and enjoy twice as much every time go out.
I find myself forgetting about that lately, so today is a good day to refresh my memory.
Between our mutural friend Andrea ( from England) and I , rainbows are always Silke's signs, especially double rainbows. I can hear some rain drizzling outside while i lie in bed. I bet there are some rainbows sighting today. Usually on her memorial day I do something special dedicated to her, like downwinder, sending floweres to the ocean, or trying some new trick. etc. but not today. I have very hard time even crawling to the bathroom. Maybe Silke can reach down from up above and send me healing power instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment