Jun 4, 2009

Disapponting south swell

Everyone was talking about this south swell for days, sure it came to Oahu but didn't make it to Maui. Typical.

I had so much chores to do anyways so I took 2 days off from water and tried to do everything I was supposed to do , not what I wanted to do.

Heard from my climbing guide friend Rob that they found those 2 Japanese climbers who were missing last spring in Cassis Ridge. the bodies were found while cesna plane was seaching for different missing climbers and Rob said they were found connected with rope. My friend from Patagonia Japan was a very close friend with them and they are doing similar climb at Denali right now.
I cannot help thinking that those guys in the snow showed up so that they can meet up with their buddies and asking them to take them back to Japan with them.

I heard the way they were climbing was very radical but innovative and dedicated. Even Rob was telling me that he was impressed with all their climbing .
It's really hard for their family and friends to let them go , I am sure but I think now it may be easier since their bodies showed up so they won't have to keep wondering and can say good -bye officially.
R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment