Jun 12, 2009

Welcome, Sato Family!

My best friend Motoko, her husband Hide, and their lovely daughter Sumomo arrived today. Motoko has been leading professional waveriding windsurfer in Japan and had won world title couple times, right before she had Sumomo.
She is still in top shape going hard at it and they spend couple month on Maui every year. Motoko just won one of the big standup paddle race in Japan , too so I am excited to go and train with her.

Anyway, I had all these plans of cleaning the house for them, picking them up at the airport, cooking nice meals, giving sumo some gifts, etc, but all I could do was greet them in my bed .

Sumo freaked out when she saw me in bed not being able to move, she didn' even want to get close to me and hid between motoko's leg.
I thought" great! I have to start working for our friendship all over again " but soon after, ice was broken and she wouldn't stop talking and hanging around my side.

Too bad they finally came to the paradise but now they have to take care of this grumpy old women who cannot take care of herself.
I am going to have to pay back when I get better.

Anyway, it is always good to see them, to me they are as close as my family, and I feel super comfprtable around them. I hope they feel the same at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment